Be With You forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: No One Know v01c02  (Read 14741 times)

Chara

• Administrator
  • Operating System:
  • Mac OS X 10.6 Mac OS X 10.6
  • Browser:
  • Firefox 9.0.1 Firefox 9.0.1
    • View Profile
    • Be With You Scans
No One Know v01c02
« on: January 05, 2012, 05:06:25 AM »

No One Knows v01 c02
/msg [BWYS]Kurorin xdcc send #59

Sooo our website was hacked for a while, and once that recovered, (Mokoto-chan is awesome) all of our XDCC bot's files disappeared in a surprise server move. I've literally only just finished finding and re-uploading all of our releases to the bot. Finally we can release again and here is another chapter to No One Knows.
« Last Edit: January 09, 2012, 08:32:01 AM by Chara »

Mihaela

Re: No One Know v01c02
« Reply #1 on: January 05, 2012, 08:13:49 AM »

It's very beautiful. Please keep translating!  :cheerleader:
These "onee-chan" and "onii-chan" confused me but I checked the other posts.
This way I wont have to memorize the Chinese  :crazy:

SenoWaffle

• Loli Guru
  • Administrator
  • Operating System:
  • Windows 7/Server 2008 R2 Windows 7/Server 2008 R2
  • Browser:
  • Chrome 16.0.912.63 Chrome 16.0.912.63
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 05, 2012, 10:31:05 AM »

:love:

A

« Reply #3 on: January 07, 2012, 02:14:26 PM »

Thank you for the hard work, especially this time!  :happy:

shiiten

« Reply #4 on: January 09, 2012, 12:28:34 AM »

I love this story so much! Thank you for scanlating this.  :love:

LoliSauce

• Operating System:
  • Windows XP Windows XP
  • Browser:
  • Firefox 5.0 Firefox 5.0
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: January 18, 2012, 03:35:17 AM »

Thank you so much for actively continuing scanlation for Dare mo Shiranai.  Having a gap of almost two years between the first chapter's release and this, coupled with the overall lack of translator love for Xia Da's works, I had come to expect this would forever lie dormant.

It's only a small gesture, but really, thank you.

blazing_ice

« Reply #6 on: January 19, 2012, 04:32:05 PM »

...the overall lack of translator love for Xia Da's works...

That's not true! D=

:kanashii:

Chara

• Administrator
  • Operating System:
  • Browser:
  • Firefox 9.0.1 Firefox 9.0.1
    • View Profile
    • Be With You Scans
« Reply #7 on: January 23, 2012, 05:25:14 PM »

a gap of almost two years between the first chapter's release and this
Truth, though the fault is shared between myself (as the manager of the group/project) and tai (as the typesetter). The translator, blazing_ice, is probably the most enthusiastic about this project.

I'd say the #1 contributing factor to me being slow with No One Knows is because the low print quality of the tankoubon has lead to this manga being irksome to edit. As that's a fundamental problem with the physical manga, I can't just get another scanner or something to raise the quality.

Time flies, eh?

baby_frog

• Operating System:
  • Windows XP Windows XP
  • Browser:
  • Chrome 16.0.912.77 Chrome 16.0.912.77
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: February 11, 2012, 06:25:24 AM »

I am a Chinese boy, and I actually live not very far from Xia Da's hometown, the place where the story of No One Knows takes place.

I saw the translation by you guys and I think they are awesome. I've read the original Chinese version of the comic for many times. Her works are filled with beauty that is somehow unutterable, so I guess you guys are just getting puzzled when translating some parts of the comic. If that is the case, probably I can help. Also, if any of you have difficulty translating Chinese, or that you cannot fully understand the plot, any problems related to Chinese culture, I'd be glad to help.

You mentioned that you are having some trouble scanning the physical manga. You guys can copy the scanned version which is uploaded on many Chinese websites and Photoshop them, so that you don't need to worry about the print quality.

In addition, although your translation is excellent, something needs to be improved. For example, most people may probably not not what "yu wen" is, actually it means Chinese language or Chinese literature. You should probably note it in the margin or some other places. Also, some translation are not that appropriate and needs to be improved.

Once again, I appreciate all your hard work, and I am glad that readers, including me, like your translation so much!Thank you!

How can I contact with you guys? And what about your plan for tranlating the next episode?
« Last Edit: February 11, 2012, 06:29:15 AM by baby_frog »

Chara

• Administrator
  • Operating System:
  • Browser:
  • Firefox 11.0 Firefox 11.0
    • View Profile
    • Be With You Scans
« Reply #9 on: March 20, 2012, 04:20:21 AM »

I am a Chinese boy, and I actually live not very far from Xia Da's hometown, the place where the story of No One Knows takes place.

I saw the translation by you guys and I think they are awesome. I've read the original Chinese version of the comic for many times. Her works are filled with beauty that is somehow unutterable, so I guess you guys are just getting puzzled when translating some parts of the comic. If that is the case, probably I can help. Also, if any of you have difficulty translating Chinese, or that you cannot fully understand the plot, any problems related to Chinese culture, I'd be glad to help.

You mentioned that you are having some trouble scanning the physical manga. You guys can copy the scanned version which is uploaded on many Chinese websites and Photoshop them, so that you don't need to worry about the print quality.

In addition, although your translation is excellent, something needs to be improved. For example, most people may probably not not what "yu wen" is, actually it means Chinese language or Chinese literature. You should probably note it in the margin or some other places. Also, some translation are not that appropriate and needs to be improved.

Once again, I appreciate all your hard work, and I am glad that readers, including me, like your translation so much!Thank you!

How can I contact with you guys? And what about your plan for tranlating the next episode?

Hi baby_frog, unfortunately it took me over a month to see this message!

Thanks for the feedback, I'm interested to know more about which areas in the existing translation you feel need to be improved. Currently we are translating from Chinese to English, and editing with Japanese scans. I'm sure my translator would love to hear your feedback and would be happy to learn from good constructive criticism too.

The scanned versions uploaded on many Chinese websites are not good enough. They are much too small for us to work with, and are often not exported at a high enough quality.

My contact information is in the contact page of the main website, http://bwys.org/contact.

baby_frog

• Operating System:
  • Windows XP Windows XP
  • Browser:
  • Chrome 21.0.1180.71 Chrome 21.0.1180.71
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: December 06, 2012, 04:33:41 AM »

It seems that recently there are no updates of No One Knows, I am looking forward to the translation of new chapters.

You can visit [http://weibo.com/april44/] for some latest information. This is the website of April,or Xia Da in Chinese, the creator of No One Knows.