Be With You forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: Unfinished titles....  (Read 10487 times)

Chara

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • Be With You Scans
Unfinished titles....
« on: July 16, 2008, 01:51:27 PM »

CLAMP has three active projects at the moment. Plus miscellaneous projects like light novel covers, character designs, radio shows, and whatever else they're up to.

CLAMP also has four on-hiatus projects. They are, Clover, Legend of Chun Hyang, Legal Drug, and of course, X. And with Tsubasa and HOLiC looking like they'll finish before the end of this year, and an upcoming new shoujo series with Dark Horse, what do you want CLAMP to finish up first?

I want X. Its been five years since it was pulled, surely CLAMP of all mangaka can find someone else to publish all that violence and gore (and homosexuality :D) but they're probably under contract with Asuka?. I'm also anxious to see if they can immediately return to precisely the style X was drawn in when they left off- colour artwork for X drawn post-Tsubasa have not been the same.
« Last Edit: July 16, 2008, 01:53:32 PM by Chara »

Kaya

• View Profile
Re: Unfinished titles....
« Reply #1 on: July 28, 2008, 03:19:25 AM »

Yes, yes, yes!  Please finish X.  Though I wonder about the change of the artwork too….there’s already a number of different styles going on. Most people make faces at the beginning artwork but I like that too Hehe. 

But I would also really like to see them finish Clover.  Supposedly there’s to be two more volumes and I want to guess that we get some back story on Gingetsu (since he’s a clover) and maybe Kazuhiko?

Chara

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • Be With You Scans
« Reply #2 on: July 28, 2008, 03:24:57 AM »

But I would also really like to see them finish Clover.  Supposedly there’s to be two more volumes and I want to guess that we get some back story on Gingetsu (since he’s a clover) and maybe Kazuhiko?

I agree! I was just re-reading some of Clover yesterday... and I can't wait for Dark Horse to republish it with justice. I am expecting to see the conclusion of Ran's life with Gingetsu... and sad unfulfilled sort of love like that between Subaru and Seishirou.

Kaya

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 28, 2008, 03:09:28 PM »

I hope we get to see that too!  Ran only has a little longer to live, right? But I wonder if he'll age anymore.  Maybe his brother will find out he's about to die and he'll come again.  And I have to say that kill device in Gingetsu's head never sat well with me...

But I also want to see how that promise between Kazuhiko and him came about with not dying.  That was always pretty powerful.

Waterlily

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: September 04, 2008, 05:16:07 AM »

I want to see X and Shin Shunkaden finished, Legal Drug felt a lot like xxxHolic and that series will satisfy my Legal Drug-like cravings for now..

Chara

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • Be With You Scans
« Reply #5 on: September 04, 2008, 12:47:33 PM »

D: Legend of Chun Hyang is apparently considered 'dropped', not on 'hiatus'. I remember it had something to do with the originality of the storyline- it was considered not enough.

anything