Be With You forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: [1] 2

Author Topic: Eden is Ending  (Read 22814 times)

FullMetalBoy

• BWYS Staff
    • View Profile
Eden is Ending
« on: June 13, 2009, 06:15:20 PM »

Hey guys, what's up.

So. Eden's finale is airing next week, though a movie is planned for later this year.
I wanted to hear what those of you who watched the series think about it. Imo, for most of its run it was kinda weak, but just now in the last 2 or 3 episodes it started getting better, and now it ends. This week's episode is actually the first one to leave me anxiously waiting for the next one. Can't wait to see how they tie it all up.

So what are your thoughts? Any expectations for the final episode?

Chara

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • Be With You Scans
Re: Eden is Ending
« Reply #1 on: June 14, 2009, 02:45:56 AM »

For me this is the strongest of the season, but that is not saying a lot. From the start I wanted to like this show, but a lot of it ended up being  lukewarm. I love most of the characters, but I wish they had more room to develop and for us to get into them. The storyline went on paths I didn't expect, I was hoping for a more gritty show, either in terms of politics, action, or romance. The two characters that died so far, I felt died too early. The lastest episode, which was 10 as of this writing, had some of the plotty stuff I had wanted from the show.

As one of the first recent attempts to cater anime to a casual drama-josei crowd, I think this works well. I think I might feel closer to the plot elements if I were under the economic, social, and political conditions of modern day Japan.

I think the finale will have more romance, more johnnys, and will be a cliffhanger.
« Last Edit: June 19, 2009, 12:18:36 AM by Chara »

FullMetalBoy

• BWYS Staff
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 18, 2009, 05:30:48 PM »

Eden just got a second movie green-lit plusdating for the two movies:
http://www.animenewsnetwork.com/news/2009-06-18/eden-of-the-east-gets-two-theatrical-films-green-lit

Sweet.

Alive

• BWYS Staff
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 18, 2009, 11:55:13 PM »

Eden just got a second movie green-lit plusdating for the two movies:
http://www.animenewsnetwork.com/news/2009-06-18/eden-of-the-east-gets-two-theatrical-films-green-lit

Sweet.

Well, sweet and not sweet. It's good that there is two movies and not one, because if they ended it now then it would seem rushed and half assed. On the downside, I am going to have to wait even longer to see what happens :angry:

But still, I have enjoyed the series so far and I agree with Full Metal that last weeks episode left me wanting more. Hopefully the cliffhanger in the last episode won't be too bad

Chara

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • Be With You Scans
« Reply #4 on: June 19, 2009, 12:21:50 AM »

I take it this means the TV anime was very well received in Japan. Maybe this will pave the road for more casual anime. In the mean time it will mean the Eden movies will have AWESOME animation!

FullMetalBoy

• BWYS Staff
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: June 19, 2009, 02:45:04 AM »

TBH, I didn't like the art in Eden. Specifically the character design. They all just look....weird. Especially Saki with her weird eyes, I really don't like these eyes.

On another note, did anyone see this? NEC is releasing this summer a Selecao phone. Freaking awesome.
http://www.sankakucomplex.com/2009/05/24/eden-of-the-east-phone/

IMO, they should work with Twitter so you could display twitter feed from your friends as Selecao history. That would be lulz.

Chara

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • Be With You Scans
« Reply #6 on: June 19, 2009, 04:51:38 AM »

I had to love the character designs because I love Umino Chika (notice we scanlate Sangatsu and they named the bakery in Eden 'Mikazuki,' same as the one in 3gatsu~ but I wouldn't have chosen her to make character designs either. She is not good at making original character designs like CLAMP is, many of her characters look the same as her other characters. Takizawa looks exactly like Morita from Honey & Clover. Saki looks similar to Hagu from Honey & Clover. Rei from 3gatsu looks just like Mayama from Honey & Clover. I think they chose her because of the weight her name has in Japan right now, Honey & Clover was extremely popular with Eden's target audience and Sangatsu no Lion is also doing extremely well.

Twitter with that phone would be fucking awesome!

Alive

• BWYS Staff
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: June 19, 2009, 02:34:18 PM »

Well i just say the ending... and it was amazing :D It will be interesting to see what happens in the two movies but it sucks we have to wait until November 28th :S I will go more into detail about my likes and dislikes of the episode once others have seen it

Chara

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • Be With You Scans
« Reply #8 on: June 19, 2009, 04:43:26 PM »

I liked the majority of episode 11. Quite happy with it! LOTS of johnnies like I had thought.

We will have to wait much longer than November 28th... that's just when it hits Japanese theaters. It will probably be summer 2010 before we get more than a crappy cam-rip.
« Last Edit: June 19, 2009, 04:45:14 PM by Chara »

Alive

• BWYS Staff
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: June 19, 2009, 05:43:09 PM »

I liked the majority of episode 11. Quite happy with it! LOTS of johnnies like I had thought.

We will have to wait much longer than November 28th... that's just when it hits Japanese theaters. It will probably be summer 2010 before we get more than a crappy cam-rip.

Arghhh noooo. I forgot about that. Hopefully it will be one of those movies that are released on DVD a month after it comes out

Chara

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • Be With You Scans
« Reply #10 on: June 19, 2009, 05:51:18 PM »

Sadly I don't think that ever happens in Japan...

FullMetalBoy

• BWYS Staff
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: June 19, 2009, 06:17:07 PM »

Just watched ep 11. I don't get one thing, what did he do with the phone after he asked Juiz to become king? Wiki says he was brainwashed but I don't see how it got to this conclusion.

Oh hell it's gonna take loooooooong time until we get the movies.

Alive

• BWYS Staff
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: June 20, 2009, 01:53:53 PM »

The biggest theory is that he wiped his memory again... It was the same sound he heard in the first episode

Chara

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • Be With You Scans
« Reply #13 on: June 21, 2009, 05:15:01 PM »

I think so too. Takizawa must have enormous confidence in his own personality to do that. I'm sure an anmesiac Takizawa would be a good King too. I wonder if 'King' here is analogous to 'Emperor?' The current Emperor of Japan doesn't have any power... I'm not sure if he's technically even the head of state.

FullMetalBoy

• BWYS Staff
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: June 21, 2009, 10:25:41 PM »

The Prime Minister is the head of the state. The Emperor has a social role like a President in some countries. In Israel, for example, the PM is the head of the country and the President has social duties and stuff, though he has also some diplomatic authority, I think.
Pages: [1] 2

anything