Be With You forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: Project Suggestion Thread  (Read 11872 times)

Chara

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • Be With You Scans
Project Suggestion Thread
« on: April 22, 2009, 01:05:18 AM »

We've already got a similar thread in the staff board which I planned to make public until I realized I said some very mouthy things about certain other scanlation groups in it. :D

What do you desperately want scanlated, that isn't already being done? Keep in mind that these are just suggestions, keep them realistic.

GUIDELINES
Nothing licensed. <- you can name it, but odds are 99% it won't be considered.
Nothing already being regularly scanlated.
No speed/LQ scanning. We scanlate from tankoubon only.
No hentai. <- otherwise we'd be the steady group doing Junjou Romantica

I'd want Inter Sexuality, a manga that deals with the trials and tribulations of growing up intersexed (not biologically fully female or fully male). The first volume consists of different cases of people going through the realization that they are intersexed, or learning to deal with the complexities of adult life as one. The rest focuses on the entire life, starting from birth to kindergarten to highschool about one intersexed individual. I think this won the Kodansha Manga award for shoujo last year.

Someone needs to do Penguin Revolution and finish up Kimi wa Petto, but it won't be us.

Oh and, we probably won't move on new projects (like Gakuen Alice) until Tsubasa is over.
« Last Edit: April 22, 2009, 01:20:45 AM by Chara »

x-105

• View Profile
Re: Project Suggestion Thread
« Reply #1 on: April 23, 2009, 04:07:24 AM »

Shichigatsu no Mahoutsukai by Tanaka Meca
http://www.mangaupdates.com/series.html?id=24077

Thanx

dragonarya

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 16, 2009, 01:20:02 PM »

Shin Pet Shop of Horrors by Matsuri Akino. Night Exile was doing it, then it was dropped. They went as far as volume 2, I think. As far as I know, it hasn't been licensed...

seraphsword

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 19, 2009, 11:30:21 PM »

Actually it has been licensed.  It's called Pet Shop of Horrors: Tokyo.  It's being done by TokyoPop and the first 5 volumes are out.

Foxfire

• BWYS Staff
    • View Profile
    • Idyllic Nonchalance
« Reply #4 on: July 31, 2009, 01:58:49 AM »

HI GUYS

So I posted this in the staff thread, but I just noticed this thread and SINCE I LOVE THIS SERIES SO MUCH I shall vouch for it again!!

Piano no Mori by Makoto Isshiki.

Unlicensed, Snoopycool/KEFI haven't updated for 4 months and don't look to be updating any time soon, scanlations approx. 9 volumes behind Japan right now. :O

Srsly guys, I LOVE THIS SERIES. Go watch the movie on youtube! (The end of the movie is just about where the scanlations are right now.)

Also, additional plus is that you already have a willing translator on the go. :3
« Last Edit: July 31, 2009, 02:03:02 AM by Foxfire »

Chara

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • Be With You Scans
« Reply #5 on: July 31, 2009, 04:32:53 PM »

Sounds like the perfect project!!! Iku yo~

I do have a minor problem with SnoopyCool/KEFI being the ones who typically scanlate it. Not releasing something they're working on in so long is pretty typical of them...

So, when we do officially pick it up, I'd like to add a note that we will consider removing it if they request it because they've actually been gearing up to release it regularly again or something.

What is the situation with raws?

dragonarya

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: September 10, 2009, 12:26:14 PM »

Oops, my bad. Sorry. I always find out about things too late. ><