Be With You forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: 1 [2]

Author Topic: Legend of Chun Hyang  (Read 128068 times)

mino

• View Profile
Re: Legend of Chun Hyang
« Reply #15 on: November 11, 2008, 05:08:54 AM »

The only BWYS project I see listed there is X and Gakuen Alice. If that is the case, I am certainly going to think twice about my plan to re-scanlate all of X and Gakuen Alice.

But certainly if new chapters came out of Japan, I would do it unless I got C&D.

CLAMP stuff that IS listed there is
Cardcaptor Sakura
Chobits
CLAMP School Detectives
Clover
Duklyon: CLAMP School Defenders
X

Chun Hyang isn't there~
It seems that although Tokyopop does not have the publishing rights to X, they have the rights to protect X copyrights.

I must sound like a very immoral scanlator right now. Going to Otakon's 2008 Fansubber vs. Industry panel and hearing the American companies' opinions in person really helped loosen my attitude towards infringing licensed copyrights.
here the complete CLAMP manga on that list.
TP-015   Tokyopop   Angelic Layer
TP-039   Tokyopop   Cardcaptor Sakura
TP-043   Tokyopop   CLAMP School Detectives
TP-044   Tokyopop   Clover(Darkhorse)
TP-059   Tokyopop   Duklyon: CLAMP School Defenders
TP-117   Tokyopop   Kobato
TP-129   Tokyopop   Magic Knight Rayearth
TP-169   Tokyopop   RG Veda
TP-206   Tokyopop   Tokyo Babylon
TP-223   Tokyopop   X(viz)

I think CLAMP has control on who licenses their manga.

I think CLAMP does not treat their fans fairly but they have beautiful art what a bad thing.

« Last Edit: November 18, 2008, 04:47:28 AM by mino »

Chara

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • Be With You Scans
« Reply #16 on: November 17, 2008, 09:25:08 AM »

I think CLAMP does not treat their fans fairly but they have beautiful art what a bad thing.

How so?

mino

• View Profile
« Reply #17 on: November 18, 2008, 04:44:47 AM »

How so?

their statement in the information section of clamp-net proves that they are not that good in treating their fans and are quite strict on copyrights other authors don't go far as that because it might hurt their fans,other than gainax.

they become quite greedy after they became popular.
« Last Edit: November 18, 2008, 04:48:22 AM by mino »

Chara

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • Be With You Scans
« Reply #18 on: November 18, 2008, 10:17:52 PM »

Personally, I don't consider protecting one's copyrights greedy.

It's very understandable for an author to want to have control over their work, which represents them. Not everyone that infringes copyrights does it to support an author. If they didn't protect it, there are plenty of people out there who would love to make money off of Harry Potter or dirty the Harry Potter name (there are many who do it anyway) and same goes for any other creator. I'm glad the distribution of Harry Potter is controlled and regulated.

CLAMP only makes warnings, they themselves have never made an effort to protect their copyrights. And they should, because they are very frequently plagiarized.
« Last Edit: November 18, 2008, 10:25:45 PM by Chara »

mino

• View Profile
« Reply #19 on: November 29, 2008, 01:02:41 PM »

Personally, I don't consider protecting one's copyrights greedy.

It's very understandable for an author to want to have control over their work, which represents them. Not everyone that infringes copyrights does it to support an author. If they didn't protect it, there are plenty of people out there who would love to make money off of Harry Potter or dirty the Harry Potter name (there are many who do it anyway) and same goes for any other creator. I'm glad the distribution of Harry Potter is controlled and regulated.
CLAMP only makes warnings, they themselves have never made an effort to protect their copyrights. And they should, because they are very frequently plagiarized.
that is why the author should treat it's fans fairly since the fans can monitor if some abuse happens to their works,they should not upset the fans in anyway,i am only not against piracy if it's free because not everyone who likes the product can buy the original or have access to it, as long as they buy the original product when they can buy,i think money should not be the only reason why you are creating something.
« Last Edit: December 01, 2008, 01:08:52 PM by mino »

mino

• View Profile
« Reply #20 on: February 12, 2009, 02:35:05 PM »

I think one of the things that prevent CLAMP in serializing Chun Hyang again is that the most suitable magazine in the company where would the manga would likely be reserialized,hana to yume is an ultra-female magazine not just shoujo and putting CLAMP's work,since there are many male fans of CLAMP it will change the readership of the magazine.

Chara

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • Be With You Scans
« Reply #21 on: February 13, 2009, 11:34:19 PM »

The wiki article, at least, says that Chun Hyang was dropped, not put in hiatus.

Chun Hyang seems to be considered josei, not shoujo. It ran in Hakusensha's Serie Mystery - Special magazine.

mino

• View Profile
« Reply #22 on: February 14, 2009, 01:37:13 AM »

The wiki article, at least, says that Chun Hyang was dropped, not put in hiatus.

Chun Hyang seems to be considered josei, not shoujo. It ran in Hakusensha's Serie Mystery - Special magazine.
it's not dropped but it was the least of concern,in fact chun hyang is a "in progress work",i said chun hyang can be published on hana to yume because it's less mature than angel sanctuary which runs on hana to yume.
« Last Edit: February 14, 2009, 01:47:21 PM by mino »
Pages: 1 [2]

anything