Be With You forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: Your thoughts on TRC's connection with CCS (SPOILERS ahead)  (Read 11441 times)

Chara

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • Be With You Scans

This whole thread is nothing but spoilers.

I hate the way they're connected. I was not impressed at all. Frankly, it made me want to throw away all of the non-original Tsubasa characters; none of them can hold a candle to their originals. Aside from Fye and Kurogane, lately it seems like Tsubasa is a compilation of cheap-knock offs of past CLAMP heroes + shounen action (and not even the gay kind).

Between the two, my loyalty undoubtedly lies with the CCS series. I need to know that these people are daijoubu. I do not like the idea that the union of Sakura and Syaoran led to a Syaoran clone. Genetically and magically, it doesn't make sense to me. Sakura is all but God, she's more powerful than Clow who is more powerful than Yuuko. Mokona aside, she was the all-mighty CLAMP character at the end of her series. If something goes wrong in another country and she gives a damn, than she should be able to go and fix it. No buts.

I don't see how none of her genes, personality, or magical power were passed onto her child at all. I am thinking CLAMP must have an explanation of this extremely one-sided inheritance. And it had better be good, or personally, I would not consider Tsubasa 'canon' any longer. I also do not like Syaoran Jr. being coupled off with his alternate mother. I don't have a problem with fictional incest, but to my eye Syaoran Jr. is not THE Syaoran, however similar they may be. I whole-heartedly ship THE Syaoran x THE Sakura, and I feel betrayed if this is not canon in all countries.

Or maybe Tsubasa sucks because the speed scans can't get their translations straight.
« Last Edit: October 15, 2008, 01:17:09 PM by Chara »

XiongMao-kun

Re: Your thoughts on TRC's connection with CCS (spoilers ahead)
« Reply #1 on: July 20, 2008, 11:19:00 PM »

Somebody's angry...

1) An open mind, folks. An open mind. Please note that Tsubasa is far better than the large majority of shonen mangas out there.
2) Speed scans are [insert word here].
3) I am secretly hoping that everything will go poof and change in an instant. Something that nobody expected. That'd be cool.
4) If Syaoran x Sakura = Mini-Syaoran, dividing by Syaoran on both sides... Doesn't that make Sakura = mini? >.<
5) Incest + Incest = messed up children. European history and the lineage of royalty should have taught us that.

FullMetalBoy

• BWYS Staff
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 21, 2008, 09:17:14 AM »

About Syaoran Jr. looking exactly the same as Syaoran - that very might be a subject to change if we get to see him grow up. Why you ask? Well, in many animes/mangas the children of different characters tend to bear resemblance to one of their parents, depending on their gender, and later on their look changes. Take DBZ for example -Goten looked exactly the same as Goku when he was young, but as he grew up, he completely changed.

Waterlily

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 04, 2008, 05:30:16 AM »

Yes, but the Sakura-hime that young 'Syaoran' meets in Clow isn't the same as his mother, her name isn't really Sakura. It might help to keep an open mind about stuff..
I always liked the Tsubasa-CCS connection, CCS was cute as hell and I can always run back to it when CLAMP give the Tsubasa lot too much of a hard time..

Kaya

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: September 07, 2008, 03:13:27 PM »

When we first got the spoiler I was among the *headdesk* bunch who were assuming that CLAMP was using this connection as a way to bring in more readers.  I’m still skeptical of the CCS connection because of the appearance of CCS Sakura in the OAD and because of the way Yuko was talking about the Trc SxS and CCS SxS in the first volumes of xxxHolic, but really I'm amused too.

It is his mother and it isn't his mother.  Yuko mentioned in Holic, didn't she?  Bodies, souls, and words are all things that 'bind' us.  Though the latter more readily binds us to our own fate, bodies and souls can bind others in the way words can too.  If you saw someone who looked like your father then you would call out to him as father.  Whether or not this person is really your father you've already bound them to the word 'father' because of their body.  I just love the idea of the 'binds' and the sick twisted way it can play into this manga and in real life too.  And I would love it if 'Sakura' wasn't even the person that 'Syaoran' had waiting for him, but because he wanted her to be the one she became that person in his eyes. 

It confuses me about Syaoran Sr and ‘Syaoran’ Jr though.  Because so far we know that the only way someone who shares the same soul can meet is in a dream.  Which means that either father or son isn’t a ‘Syaoran-soul’ or they live in a dream.  Which I was starting to wonder at since the only time we ‘saw’ Syaoran Sr was within a dream within a flashback.

But you know even if Clow Country ends up being a Dreamscape and 'Sakura' is really CCS!Sakura stuck in this dream and has lost her memories of CCS!Syaoran and 'Syaoran' is really just a cloned body of his father with Watanuki's soul--even with all the crazy possibilities, I don't think it's strange for 'Syaoran' to consider someone with the same body as his mother or even his mother most precious in this series.  You can love someone most of all without wanting to have sex with them or anything like that.  Like how Karura loved her sister most of all.  Of course, then you have Setsuka…

Chara

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • Be With You Scans
« Reply #5 on: October 15, 2008, 04:47:03 AM »

*written as of chapter 201 of Tsubasa and 167 of xxxHOLiC*

I am extremely unhappy with how the connection with CCS has developed so far. We always knew Watanuki's parents were dead. We just didn't know that they were CCS!SxS.

The pages comparing Watanuki's cooking to Syaoran/Clow, and Yuuko strolling into her store room to pull out the star staff was like being kicked by CLAMP. After everything that happened in CCS, SxS died inbetween CLAMP projects. Like Icchan did between Angelic Layer and Chobits. Even if they come back, I don't want to see them as adults in the context of TRC/HOLiC.

I recall that not too long after CCS, CLAMP said in a magazine they had thought out of a full ending for SxS, but that they would never publish it. They did say however that Sakura had enough magic in order to live a very, very long life and that she'd share her longevity together with Syaoran. I am going with that. This is not canon T_T.

EDIT:
* Chara bets on Fei Wong Reed's wish being to resurrect CCS!SxS... or something equally bad for my heart
« Last Edit: October 15, 2008, 01:16:01 PM by Chara »

FullMetalBoy

• BWYS Staff
    • View Profile
Re: Your thoughts on TRC's connection with CCS (SPOILERS ahead)
« Reply #6 on: October 18, 2008, 08:21:04 PM »

Chara, I'm still not sure CCS!Sakura and Syaoran are dead. Right, we have been told that Watanuki is the child of R!Syaoran's parents. We were told R!Syaoran's parents are CCS!Sakura and Syaoran. Yet we don't get to see their faces in every single frame they appear in. And if they are really Watanuki's parents, it will create all sort of inconsistencies, such as that at the beginning of xxxHolic(if I'm not wrong), Yuuko said there's a girl named Sakura in this world living with her boyfriend(Syaoran). Another example is that in a recent chapter of xxxHolic, Mokona and Yuuko were sitting together eating something that Watanuki has made for them. Mokona comments how the taste of Watanuki's cooking is similar to the taste of his father's cookings, and right after we see a shot of Clow with the Mokonas, suggesting Clow is Watanuki's father.
I guess there are more examples, but they just don't pop in my head right now :P

Chara

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • Be With You Scans
Re: Your thoughts on TRC's connection with CCS (SPOILERS ahead)
« Reply #7 on: October 18, 2008, 08:33:21 PM »

I believe that page said that Watanuki cooked like his father, and also like his 'distant relative'. It was a running gag that Syaoran-kun in CCS was Clow's 'cute relative'

And recalling what Yuuko said about Sakura living with Syaoran makes me happier.