Be With You forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: ... Does it start making sense again?  (Read 7380 times)

Moonlight

• View Profile
... Does it start making sense again?
« on: April 20, 2010, 04:33:46 AM »

I was enjoying the series, but since they left Kamui and co., I'm finding the series to be rather ... nonsensical.  (I'm partway through vol. 22)  I actually don't really get what's going on anymore and right when I think it's going to make sense again, BAM there's another crazy plot twist that doesn't seem to fit in the story.

So at this point, (partway through 22) somewhere from now and the end of the series, does the story start making sense again?

Chara

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • Be With You Scans
Re: ... Does it start making sense again?
« Reply #1 on: April 20, 2010, 05:20:51 AM »

We didn't like where it was going after they left Kamui either. No, it never starts making sense again :(.

Moonlight

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 20, 2010, 03:02:46 PM »

Oh. D: How disappointing.

I'm fine with crazy plot twists and all, but they just ... don't make any SENSE.  Then Yuuko appears to explain it, and I still can't understand what happened and what's happening.  It felt like there was a volume missing in between the Kamui story line and the world where they were playing the Chess game.

I managed to work a few things out with the Fai storyline, because somewhere on the internet, someone actually understood what the heck was going on, but still.  But it kills the enjoyment of the story when you're forced to stop reading it and google for information to see if another reader actually managed to follow.

I just wish CLAMP explained it better, and rather than just info-dumping about what each character did and said, I wish they just showed it to us.  It would've been less confusing.  I love CLAMP, but I just can't make heads or tails of the plot for Tsubasa anymore.

Chara

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • Be With You Scans
« Reply #3 on: April 20, 2010, 11:42:22 PM »

Are you reading it along with xxxHOLiC? Sometimes they dump explanations there when they're unable to do it in Tsubasa.

Moonlight

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: April 21, 2010, 03:30:58 AM »

Ah I see, perhaps that's my problem.

I am reading xxxHOLiC, (I like it better. >>) but I'm not very far into it.  I wanted to finish Tsubasa first and then continue where I left off with HOLiC.

Perhaps I'd understand Tsubasa better if I read HOLiC at the same time.  Well I'm so far by now that I might as well just finish like planned and then read up to what you've completed of HOLiC, and then restart Tsubasa. xD

'Cause yeah.  I loved it, and then ... it went crazy. xD; Other than being confused, basically my only problem with Tsubasa is Fei Wang Reed.  It's just too unrealistic; yes, some of the stuff made sense with him pulling the strings, but you can't orchestrate things to the degree that he does.  But if you just accept it and not think about it too much... Haha. ^^
I'm looking forward to returning to Kobato., where so far everything makes sense. xD <3
« Last Edit: April 21, 2010, 03:34:57 AM by Moonlight »