Be With You forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: Rin-ne: New Rumiko Takahashi manga set for simultaneous international release  (Read 5951 times)

Chara

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • Be With You Scans

http://www.animenation.net/blog/2009/04/16/new-takahashi-manga-published-simultaneously-in-japan-america/
http://www.viz.com/news/newsroom/?id=266

Rumiko Takahashi (InuYasha, Ranma 1/2, Urusei Yatsura, Maison Ikkoku) will have her new manga "Kyokai no Rinne" running in Shounen Sunday with a same-day digital release in English from Viz.

In my opinion this is not nearly as significant as what CLAMP is doing because with CLAMP it is a simultaneous PRINT release. Takahashi may pull in more Japanese figures but CLAMP pulls in more western readers.

Good reviews would not make me want to pay to read this. I guess the chapter will be sold for an EXTREMELY small fee each week, or more likely, a subscription. This makes me wonder... same day release, so they clearly get the copy of the file before Shounen Sunday is printed. This should mean they get the original files-- wouldn't the Viz digital release therefore look a lot better than reading/scanning the crappy Japanese magazine print? This is just begging for piracy.

The plot (which I don't really care for): As a child Sakura Mamiya mysteriously disappeared in the woods behind her grandma’s home. She returned whole and healthy, but since then she has had the power to see ghosts. Now a teenager, she just wishes the ghosts would leave her alone! At school, the desk next to Sakura’s has been empty since the start of the school year, then one day her always-absent classmate shows up, and he’s far more than what he seems!

G-g-g-g-g-globalization!

FullMetalBoy

• BWYS Staff
    • View Profile

A teenagers the sees ghosts but want to lose that ability? sounds familiar...hmmmnnmnmn

anything