Be With You forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Poll

Should BWYS time the xxxHOLiC crossovers with the Tsubasa crossovers when releasing?

Continue holding back HOLiC releases so the crossovers to Tsubasa are timed.
- 9 (47.4%)
Forget about timing the crossovers with Tsubasa and just release all the HOLiC you can.
- 10 (52.6%)

Total Members Voted: 15

Author Topic: How should we release xxxHOLiC?  (Read 11575 times)

Chara

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • Be With You Scans
How should we release xxxHOLiC?
« on: March 01, 2009, 07:34:36 AM »

Tsubasa and HOLiC cross over at least once a volume, and if you're soley reading BWYS releases of HOLiC and Tsubasa, us releasing them timed together will make the story make more sense to you. But most people probably don't solely read BWYS releases. So, should we bother to keep this up?

Since there are less HOLiC chapters than Tsubasa, and the staff for HOLiC are more regular than Tsubasa, so we are usually actually up to date with Japan on HOLiC. However, we hold back HOLiC releases because chapter XX crosses over with chapter YY in Tsubasa, so that we can release them at the same time. Should we stop doing this and focus on catching up with Japan on HOLiC?
« Last Edit: June 06, 2009, 06:32:18 PM by Chara »

kathy025

• Live fast. Die young.
    • View Profile
Re: How should we release xxxHOLiC?
« Reply #1 on: March 01, 2009, 03:16:58 PM »

It's so nice of BWYS to ask what the people want. Now, that's democracy! :cheerleader:

Personally, I only read/archive BWYS releases, so I pretty much like the current system. I guess I'll be voting the first option for this one.

matokosama

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 03, 2009, 11:00:00 PM »

i follow solely follow BWYS for all the manga that you guys scan. so i am really up for anything, but i do like the way you guys are doing it now. thanks.

Kaens

• Longcat
  • BWYS Staff
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 04, 2009, 12:25:59 AM »

It's gotta be good if in the release notes the exact correlation between TRC and xxxH is pointed, much the same way computer clock syncs with internet time servers, every few releases ^^ If done like that, the need to hold is removed and, while it keeps people like me (who don't read TRC) happy, it also allows more devoted readers to avoid spoilers or missing the timing for crossover appearances.

merrie18

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: March 04, 2009, 10:04:55 AM »

I don't read TRC and don't particularly mind about the crossovers between it and Holic, so I prefer you to catch up with Japan on Holic.