Be With You forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: [1] 2

Author Topic: Fullmetal Alchemist (TV 2)  (Read 123497 times)

Chara

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • Be With You Scans
Fullmetal Alchemist (TV 2)
« on: October 11, 2008, 01:46:07 PM »

So, Hiromu Arakawa confirmed recently that Bones will be remaking Fullmetal Alchemist into an anime again, with the same name 'Fullmetal Alchemist'. Now that the manga is nearing completion, the remake will completely follow the manga. I don't know if this means they will be remaking the first ~20 episodes of the original TV anime, since that was about how much it followed the manga for. After all there is not much they can do differently to re-tell the Lior/Izumi-sensei/et cetera stories again.

It will be directed by a different person than the original TV series, by Yasuhiro Irie instead, who doesn't have much of a directorial history but nevertheless has been on the staff of several great anime (Cowboy Bebop the Movie, FMA, Macross Plus, Animatrix, Escaflowne.)

I don't really want another FMA TV series, although I believe that Bones has the ability and the manpower to make it another good anime. >_> but the original was already a pretty good, and is considered to anime critics to be a modern 'classic' anime. The reason for the remake smells like milking to me.

Anime News Network article confirming the story:
http://www.animenewsnetwork.com/news/2008-08-20/new-fullmetal-alchemist-tv-anime-series-confirmed

XiongMao-kun

Re: Fullmetal Alchemist (TV 2)
« Reply #1 on: October 11, 2008, 09:52:37 PM »

<33333333

If it's following the manga, that means there will be great differences with the stories (in theory). I will be looking forward to this!

Chara

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • Be With You Scans
« Reply #2 on: December 12, 2008, 10:47:39 AM »

It looks... different!

http://www.hagaren.jp/

FullMetalBoy

• BWYS Staff
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: December 12, 2008, 01:08:28 PM »

Ohh, nice picture.

YAY NEW FMA ANIME THAT FOLLOWS THE MANGA. Yes, you can call me a fanboy. I guess my nickname already gives it away anyway.

FMA is actually one of the two series I actually buy(Viz' releases, not Japanese tankoubon), and not allow myself to read online. I also didn't get an opportunity to buy new volumes for the past few months, so right now I've read up to vol.14. Or 15.

Anyway, I FMA really deserves this remake, since no matter how good the original anime was, I don't think it lives up to the manga. And don't get me wrong, I really do like the original anime - that's what got me into FMA from the first place.

Chara

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • Be With You Scans
« Reply #4 on: December 12, 2008, 01:45:17 PM »

Hehe, me too! Although here its been totally eclipsed by my activity in the CLAMP fandom. Back before the anime was made, I used to manage the first English-language fansite for FMA. We went really in-depth... to the point of researching alchemic lore, reading up textbooks, and researching German history. It was amazing! If you look hard enough in FMA, every single little detail is extremely well researched, from the text that surrounds the human transmutation circle to the text that appeared on Ed's state alchemist acceptance letter, to the geography of Amestris. This is something Arakawa must have taken years planning and researching.

For two volumes (11 and 12), Foxfire and I used to speed-scanlate FMA XD

Every now and then I get the desire to HQ scanlate all of FMA, but since Viz did a good job, it is best left unscanlated.

What's the other manga you buy?
« Last Edit: December 12, 2008, 01:53:50 PM by Chara »

FullMetalBoy

• BWYS Staff
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: December 12, 2008, 01:58:45 PM »

Yeah, I also had my time when I looked into real-life alchemy and the real-life myth of the Philosopher's Stone. But I didn't go as in-depth as you Chara, so you win :(

I truly honor Hiromu Arakawa, she's my favorite mangaka, which means on top of CLAMP, Tsugumi Ohba & Takeshi Obata, and Akira Toriyama. She simply did everything to make FMA an epic series. So epic that from time to time I think of things in terms of Equivalent Exchange.

By the way - I also used to translate FMA, before I joined BWYS! I translated the first and third volumes if I remember correctly (a friend of mine translated the second). We translated from Japanese to Hebrew, and we both knew nothing about editing, so the release quality was pretty bad, to say the least.

Chara

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • Be With You Scans
« Reply #6 on: December 12, 2008, 02:07:21 PM »

Haha, my Serpent's Cross scanlations were pretty bad too.

Hiromu Arakawa is so cute~! I remember being really shocked when I found out she was female. Unfortunately, I was very underwhelmed with the Juushin Enbu anime... though I never saw the manga.

FullMetalBoy

• BWYS Staff
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: December 12, 2008, 02:09:22 PM »

Fighting Panties. Classic.

Chara

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • Be With You Scans
« Reply #8 on: December 12, 2008, 02:18:40 PM »

omg.

FullMetalBoy

• BWYS Staff
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: December 12, 2008, 02:26:52 PM »

ROFL. Just brilliant cosplay.

G_chaN

• Self-Portrait :P
    • View Profile
    • GLyNchaN's DA
« Reply #10 on: March 23, 2009, 07:43:13 AM »

When I saw this, its like my heart just stopped...

I can't wait to see Ling and Olivier Armstrong!! The FMA manga is just too cool.. and a manga-based anime?? It's too good to be true! >.<

Of course I can't wait to see Ed and Al too!

Chara

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • Be With You Scans
« Reply #11 on: March 23, 2009, 04:29:46 PM »

* Chara stares at poster

Cool!!!

FullMetalBoy

• BWYS Staff
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: March 23, 2009, 07:34:58 PM »

Poster: "Hello. My name is FullMetal Alchemist, and I'm more awesome than anything else you know. Nice to have you worship me meet you."

Alive

• BWYS Staff
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: March 23, 2009, 09:16:58 PM »

That is one amazing poster :D

kiwiish

• BWYS Staff
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: March 24, 2009, 01:02:21 AM »

Lovely. But seems kinda dark for something airing on a Sunday afternoon? Does the manga have this sort of tone as well? It'd be awesome if the show turns out like the poster.
Pages: [1] 2

anything