Be With You forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: X - Questions on Vol. 18.5 and Volume 19  (Read 12179 times)

fukiburi

• View Profile
X - Questions on Vol. 18.5 and Volume 19
« on: August 19, 2008, 06:46:36 PM »

Hi all of you in BWYS-Staff!

First I have to thank you for doing so many CLAMP-Projects. I really love (most) of their stories.
I came across your Homepage by chance when searching for xxxHOLIC. But then seeing Volume 18.5 of X really made my day. I kinda gave up on continuation of my favorite CLAMP-manga years ago.

But while reading some questions popped out of my head: When was Volume 18.5 released? And were they even released in a tankoubon or were they separate chapters in a magazine?

Another question is that Daily Manga even lists 5 chapters of Volume 19 done by BWYS, but I couldn't find a Volume 19... Does Daily Manga lists wrong information?

Anyway, thanks again for doing CLAMP!
fukiburi

Chara

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • Be With You Scans
Re: X - Questions on Vol. 18.5 and Volume 19
« Reply #1 on: August 19, 2008, 07:47:20 PM »

The chapters from X v18.5 are the would-be chapters from volume 19. However, there are not yet enough chapters from v19 for them to publish it in a regular tankoubon format. X volumes are normally 8-9 chapters but only 5 were done from v19 before X was put on haitus because of various issues.

However in 2006, Kadokawa Shoten published Clamp Newtype Platinum, a special Clamp edition of Newtype Magazine which included the previously MIA v19 chapters in a high quality format. When it came out we simply had to get our hands on it :D

So in a way Daily Manga is right, because 18.5 is indeed from v19.

fukiburi

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 20, 2008, 07:48:24 PM »

Thanks a lot for the fast answers!
Anyway, since your saying 5 chapters, does this mean we can look forward to another chapter? ;D

And it's true, those four chapters from v18.5 were in exceptionally high quality. Thanks for doing such a great job editing them. They were really great to look at <3

Chara

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • Be With You Scans
« Reply #3 on: September 04, 2008, 12:50:37 PM »

Whoops, I never replied that question...

I'm confused about this too- X 18.5 is indeed supposed to be five chapters, yet BWYS only has 4 released. But when I compare our fourth BWYS chapter to the fifth 18.5 chapter they are the same O____o I will need to figure out what is not the same so that there is a different number of chapters.

But no, there is no more chapters of X for the time being to look forward to...

To correct some typesetting changes and add a lot of SFX translations that are missing, I may 'silently' re-release X 18.5 in the future. 'Silently' means I may only notify the website and the IRC channel, and not manga release sites like Manga Updates.

anything