Be With You forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: The Legend of Zelda: Spirit Tracks  (Read 8917 times)

Chara

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • Be With You Scans
The Legend of Zelda: Spirit Tracks
« on: March 27, 2009, 06:29:11 AM »

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VWgzie5vWJw#noexternalembed#externalembed

Toon Link returns to DS.

Clearly the train is a substitute for sailing... the train even has a canon. I don't know if it was really necessary to substitute it, perhaps they wanted to move Toon Link away from always being associated with the sea. Anyway, its weird to see Link interacting with technology like this for me. Trains just seem so... industrial. And its weird for me seeing Link so much out of the green uniform.

I'm sure it'll be a good game, I'm certain to play it.
« Last Edit: March 27, 2009, 06:31:42 AM by Chara »

Alive

• BWYS Staff
    • View Profile
Re: The Legend of Zelda: Spirit Tracks
« Reply #1 on: March 27, 2009, 09:20:47 AM »

It will probably be decent, but I don't like the whole train taking you to magical worlds/areas idea. Doesn't really seem to fit in with a Zelda game

Chara

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • Be With You Scans
« Reply #2 on: March 27, 2009, 04:48:49 PM »

Why does there have to be a transportation method anyway? Why can't Link just wander around a big world like adult Link, or Minish Cap? Or give Toon Link a Toon Epona!

FullMetalBoy

• BWYS Staff
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 27, 2009, 06:17:23 PM »

I played Phantom Hourglass, and I really liked it, so I suppose I'll like Spirit Tracks too. I guess the train riding also plays a part in the plot, as the title suggests. Otherwise, I too don't understand why feel it necessary to keep Link riding stuff instead of the old-school walking.

I really do hope that they include more new stuff and features in this title. The trailer shows just a little bit of new stuff, which I don't think will give anything really refreshing.

I also hope to have more of the classic theme in this title. It was really missing in Phantom Hourglass. I mean, there was only a vague version of it in the overworld(the sea) and a nice version in the multiplayer, which I don't exactly consider to be in the game, since the Legend of Zelda is at heart about Link's adventures and not about any multiplayer component. The fact that the trailer includes a vague version of the theme really concerns me.

Anyhow, I'm definitely buying this game. I was worried the next Zelda will be for the Wii, since I don't own a Wii. Phew.

To be released this year FTW
« Last Edit: March 28, 2009, 01:13:39 PM by FullMetalBoy »

Alive

• BWYS Staff
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: March 27, 2009, 09:33:20 PM »

I was hoping it was going to be released for the Wii because I have a Wii but not a DS